Saturday, February 12, 2011

Why can't we halt...

Why can’t we halt, for just awhile
and breathe looking into the open sky
Why can’t we for a simple reason smile
That there are some feelings, we just can’t deny

Why can’t we sing a sweet new song each day
Or sing the one’s that bring in some light
So that we create a fresh right of way
To experience some of life’s unseen delights

Why can’t we exist each day – a new poetry
and breathe carelessly for just sometime
And grip anything with a bond, fiercely
And trust in nothing, but hours sublime

Why are we so tied up in explaining
For something’s, which just need to be felt
There is nothing worth more than now
Sometimes it’s alright to stop believing

Why can’t we just take a long leap
to a journey so much unknown
Only make the good moments seep deep
In your heart, you’re never alone

So now, I let myself soar towards nowhere,
Whether I’m missing or not being missed
And to me I nowadays these questions ask
And just hold this time by its delicate wrist;
So – Why can’t we halt, for just awhile
and breathe looking into the open sky

- Marcus Hades

3 comments:

  1. Achingly beautiful:) Life is so full of whys, wishful thoughts, and hopes. Thank you for sharing, my dear friend. You are a beautiful person with so much to give.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite part : Why can’t we exist each day – a new poetry
    and breathe carelessly for just sometime
    And grip anything with a bond, fiercely
    And trust in nothing, but hours sublime


    I read this to my wife and she almost cried. You write so intensely. Thanks for letting me read this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michele - I truly believe and has written been written by myself. 'Never think of yourself as great or high, because it's not always the object which is beautiful, but the eye.' So, thanks to you for your kind comments. :)

    Lance - Thanks so much for your comments. Readers like you truly inspire me to seek to write better and better each passing day. My regards to your wife. :)

    ReplyDelete