Sunday, August 29, 2010

Whose loss?

Whenever people communicate, I have always seen they follow a pattern of their own. This is a resultant of various things. Attitude, thought processes, respect, self respect, ego, notions, false notions, understanding, misunderstanding, judgement and mis-judgement.

Whenever we communicate, we do so to either in an expectation of a response (or sometimes a reaction) and sometimes to just imbibe our idea within the other. These responses from another or imbibing of an idea may not always be in our favour and there can be many reasons for that (including the others attitude, notions, etc).

But whenever we expect a person to hear what we say, and expect that person to understand and respond accordingly, what is to be focused on most importantly is our 'way' of communication. I truly believe that if I am unable to get a point across to anyone, and that person doesn't understand me; or the person reacts to it, maybe I need to change my 'way' of communication and do a self check on my methods.

Even if another is wrong (genuinely - or according to us), that person deserves your best 'way' of getting your idea across. I have already stated that baseless anger is futile; and so are baseless arguments. So, if I try to imbibe my idea and expect a positive response from another, by being angry, rude, sarcastic, etc., I lose the chance for the person to understand my view point, and moreover, maybe close doors of sensible communication with that person forever. It is my loss.

Hence, I have resolved and so should everyone understand that whenever you want a person to understand you, your ways of communication have to be smooth. Of course, this also has exceptions.

Though people would say that this a common sense principle (which didn't require me to write it), and it doesn't require any rocket science kind of analysis, I merely write this because people ignore this very 'common sense' principle with themselves.So the next time you feel you have a genuine point and are trying to communicate it to another, but the other just doesn't seem to understand you - or retaliates, it is wise to check within.

If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. - Albert Einstein

I think and think for months and years. Ninety-nine times, the conclusion is false. The hundredth time I am right. - Albert Einstein

No comments:

Post a Comment