Tuesday, May 4, 2010

The Flood

Paper can be cut; mishandled it can also draw blood
Facts upon which I have never slumbered
Each answer that I found, the question backfired
Taking all within me, I now just allow it to flood

Candles lit when freezing rains pour from above;
Which drops will make their flame extinguish?
Friends we all are of our own anguish,
Foes on a barren land of a guilty but fruitful love

As the rain falls on the snow settled on the roof
Some of it melts, while some drops turn solid
It all depended on reciprocation of a silent proof
The crimson creature runs but the trees of faith remain stolid

The grinning emptiness of life always gave a stare
Some will within me hence comes ruptured
To win battles though my strength is rare
Floating desires falling, I wish to become structured

My snow-white love; my capacious passion,
Unaware absence which not much the mind can endure
Everything in the end has to be excused by being rational,
Shammed, heightened and biased; but one feels secure

Where reasons persisted, my moon eclipsed all nights
Subtle inferences on an unknown common sense halt
Immoral expectations it may seem, take such flights
Becoming less than sober; my mind forces a deterring exalt

Ashamed of mind’s shelters; dim and blistered
I shall destroy every flower when it is a bud
Each answer that I found, the question backfired
Taking all within me, I now just allow it to flood

No comments:

Post a Comment